As our world has become increasingly polluted a greater toxic load has been placed on our bodies. We are evermore exposed to toxic heavy metals, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, voltile organic solvents, tobacco smoke, phalates, dioxin, drugs, PCB’s, herbicides, pesticides, antibiotics, synthetic hormones and even endotoxins produced in our own bowels by unfriendly bacteria. We are continually exposed to these reactive toxins in the food we eat, the air we breathe, the water we drink as well as cosmetic and household products. According to the 2005 report from the CDC’s Environmental Health Laboratory, there are currently 148 chemicals currently found in the blood and/or urine of Americans which is indicative of most western lifestyles.Toxicity affects everyone to a greater or lesser extent depending on the degree of exposure and the individual’s susceptibility. The inability of our bodies to effectively detoxify these reactive compounds results in prolonged exposure resulting in a direct toxic effect on celluler metabolism and/or an immune related inflammatory response, not to mention weight gain and water retention and their associated complications.
Toxins can affect just about every system in our bodies resulting in: poor digestion, dysbiosis, fatigue, leaky gut syndrome, decreased immunity, allergies, chemical sensitivities, headaches, loss of hair, hormone imbalances, reproductive failure, respiratory disorders, cancer, depression, dementia, body odor, neurological imbalances, cardiovascular disease, skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema, to name a few.
Clinical experience teaches us that a thorough and comprehensive detoxification program may improve a wide variety of chronic diseases. Reducing the toxic load on the body is an effective tool for improving overall health and wellbeing as it eliminates excessive immune inflammation responses, allergies, chemical sensitivities, regains a balanced immune system, reduces free radicals, improves cognition, regains an appropriate hormone balance, improves digestion, aids weight loss and increases energy and vitality.
There are currently many different types of detoxification programs available ranging from water or juice fasts, liver cleansing diets, colonics, etc. Many of these do not address every aspect required for a comprehensive detoxification and therefore only produce partial benefits.
A comprehensive program must involve the following steps and each step done in the order as indicated or else the desired results may not be obtained. This program is also very effective for those that suffer from irritable bowel syndrome and other GUT related symptoms.
(1) Daily Bowel Purge – an effective bowel purge using epsom salts or Aloe Vera juice improves the detoxification process and reduces adverse reactions as it prevents the reabsorption of toxic metabolites dumped into the bowl for elimination. Several detox programs promote the use of colonic irrigations and/or caffeine enemas to aid in this process which can be beneficial but not always essential. It is very important that if colonics are employed then you should replace the beneficial bacteria in the bowels after each session as they can potentially be washed out.
(2) Remove Dietary Exposure to Reactive Foods and Chemicals – Some detox programs involve the complete abstinence from all foods ingesting only water or juices. These programs can produce a rapid detoxification which may create great discomfort to the patient especially if they are sensitive, highly toxic or chronically ill. The so called “healing crisis” produced by rapid detoxification can produce headaches, nausia, fatigue, diarrhea and aggrivate other health issues. This is due to toxins and free radicals being released too rapidly and damaging your body. These programs should last from seven to ten days for complete detoxification and be reserved only for those with a strong constitution.
We recommend a slower and gentler detoxification program utilizing a low reactive diet which is provided during a consultation. Briefly this involves eliminating all meats, eggs, dairy products, processed and refined foods, fried foods, sugar, chocolate, coffee, tea, tobacco, alcohol, colors, flavors, preservatives, salt, white breads, rice and pasta. Stick to foods with a low glycemic index. You should grill, bake or steam as opposed to frying your foods. It is also very important to drink one to two liters of good quality clean alkaline water each day to help flush out the toxins. We have studied most water purifiers on the market and found the Wellness Water filters to be one of the best. Fresh vegetable juices should also be used while on this diet.
Following this alkaline diet for two weeks prior to proceeding to the next step should help restore a balanced pH in the body by flushing out most acidic residues. Most toxins in the body are acids that require to be neutralised and flushed out to regain a normal alkaline balance. Supplementing with certain alkaline minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium will help restore the alkaline balance. Patients that are highly sensitive should maintain this phase for at least one month before moving onto the next stage. We sell an alkaline powder through the members section of this website.
(3) Treat any Bacterial/Parasite/Fungal Infection in the Bowel – Stool analysis (CDSA) will detect the presence of yeasts (candida), parasites and unfavorable bacterial flora balance of your intestines. If certain bacteria/yeats are found to exist we recommend the use of undecanoic acid which is used to eradicate harmful bacteria/yeasts in the gut. This phase should last for 4 to 8 weeks. The presence of certain bacteria will require the use of antibiotics as they are resistant to natural treatments.
It is very important that if candida is found to be present a special candida diet and treatment plan is followed as this can be a difficult infection to treat.
A two week parasite cleans should also follow if stool parasitology tests positive. The parasites commonly found include cryptosporidium, giadia, blastocystis, D.hominus and entamoeba. The parasite cleans may involve the use of a herbal mixture designed to remove certain susceptible parasites. Resistant parasites such as Blastocystis and D.hominis require a coarse of medication as they will not respond to natural treatments and are currently becoming more resistant to antibiotics. The traditional treatments have a very poor success rate due to resistance. A triple therapy mixture developed by The Center of Digestive Diseases has been shown to be 85% effective. This protocol is available on consultation.
It is important that you are retested about 4 to 8 weeks after undergoing any anti-pathogen therapy to ensure it has been eradicated. You cannot assume that the treatment was successful as nothing is 100% effective.
(4) Reinoculate the Gut with Beneficial Bacteria – Once all pathogens are removed from your bowel you will need a good quality probiotic utilizing proven strains of bacteria, at therapeutic doses, which are essential to restore the beneficial bacterial balance in the gut. This step should last for two weeks to three months in conjunction with step 5. The correct balance of bacteria in the gut and the importance of probiotics cannot be overstated. They have been shown to possess many benefits some of which include: aid digestion, improve absorption, increase immunity, inhibit pathogens, produce vitamins, reduce cholesterol, to name a few.
(5) Restore Digestive Function – In a healthy system the lining of the digestive tract is a good filter allowing vitamins and nutrients to pass into the bloodstream while keeping bacteria and waste products within the bowl. This filter is damaged by candida, parasites, dysbiosis, stress, alcohol, drugs, allergies, infection, etc which causes the unregulated transport of toxins into the system. This is known as LEAKY GUT SYNDROME. It is important to repair the lining and reduce any inflammation present. Proper diet and avoiding allergens with the low reactive diet will help heal leaky gut syndrome. Supplements of glutamate, butyrate, fatty acids and protein are essential for this phase. Intestamine made by Bioceuticals is a multi-ingredient preparation designed especially to treat this condition. This can be ordered online once you have logged into the members section of this website.
If stool tests indicate poor digestion then a good quality digestive aid may also benefit the digestive process which may encompass digestive enzymes and/or betaine to increase acidity. Multigest Digestive enzymes made by Bioceuticals is an excellent enzyme supplement designed to aid the digestion of proteins, carbohydrates, fats and lactose. It is available through our online pharmacy.
If you usually suffer any GUT symptoms or irritable bowel syndrome it is also a good idea to have a food allergy test to help identify problematic foods. The test we recommend is the ALCAT blood test as it will detect food allergies and intolerances. The problem with allergy RAST blood tests is they do not detect food intolerances and generally only look for either IgE or IgG antibodies, therefore both of these need to be tested for to ensure you do not miss any allergic foods, however these tests will still not detect food intolerances.
(6) Liver Detoxification – this step should only be conducted once the digestive repair program (steps 1 to 5) has been completed to avoid re-absorbing any toxins released into the bowel for elimination during this step.
An unhealthy liver does not detoxify substances as rapidly or as completely as a healthy liver. Slower detoxification results in more toxic substances circulating in the body being stored in fat and soft tissues which can then be slowly released back into the bloodstream contributing to many illnesses. Detoxification is the biotransformation of toxins so they can be effectively eliminated from the body. Effective biotransformation requires the induction of both Phase I and Phase II liver enzyme reactions. Imbalances between these two Phases may lead to an accumulation of reactive intermediates that are often more toxic than the parent compound. Effective liver detoxification involves adjusting the balance between Phase I and II reactions to enhance the clearance of toxins and minimise the accumulation of reactive intermediates. This involves supplying the liver with all the necessary substrates required for both reactions along with supplying protection to the liver itself. Thermophase Detox produced by Metagenics is designed especially for this purpose and is the product we recommend. Glutathione is another essential element used for liver detoxification we routinely recommend and is also available through our online pharmacy once you have logged into the members section of this website.
If any gall bladder symptoms are present then a gall bladder cleanse may also be required.
(7) Deep Tissue Clearing – involves the removal of any heavy metals such as mercury, lead, aluminium, excessive copper or chemicals that may be present in various body tissues. This may be achieved with the use of traditional chelating agents or with infrared saunas and/or message which can help the removal of waste products accumulated in fat and lymphatic tissues. For more information on heavy metal removal you will need to contact us.
(8) Deal with your Issues – Negative emotions are just as toxic on our system as any heavy metal or toxin may be and some would argue even more so! These negative emotions once energetically trapped in your body will physically attract toxins into your system which will accumulate in that area where the emotion is energetically held or stored. Therefore it is essential that when doing any detox that you also deal with any negative emotions. If the energetic/emotional issues are not considered while doing a detox they will only be burried deeper into the body and thus the detox becomes about improving function of the body and not about improving harmony which is the only way that enables you to heal. Click here for more information
The program described above is only a generalization. A detoxification program should be tailor made to suite your specific requirements based on clinical tests and symptoms. The practitioner can monitor your results and make amendments if required. After the detoxification program you should feel energetic, light and healthy. Any illness you may have had should be less troublesome. You should now incorporate these new eating habits into your lifestyle in order to stay healthy.
It is also very important to limit your re-exposure to chemicals and toxins once you have detoxified. Watch out for house hold cleaners and even body products which all contain toxic ingredients.
Finally it is very important that while doing any detox you do not allow yourself to feel as though you are in some way dirty, unclean or toxic as you will be living in a state of contraction that is energetically very damaging. Remember that you are a Son of God and lovingly doing a detox to provide a healthy body to express through.
All treatments mentioned in this article are available through our laboratory. Refer to our on-line pharmacy to order now or alternatively refer the ordering information page to view the various ordering methods available.