The Drugs You Need: A Compounding Pharmacy in the Sunshine Coast
Your compounding pharmacy in the Sunshine Coast can prepare custom drugs and medications tailored to your specific preferences and medical needs. Your compounding chemist can create formulations to meet strict requirements, including medicines that are not commercially available, hypo-allergenic versions of your medication, flavoured medicines, and alternate forms of your prescription (such as pills instead of liquids).
Benefits of a Compounding Chemist in the Sunshine Coast
Some of the specific advantages of using a compounding pharmacy include:
- •Drugs formulated to meet your needs. These pharmacies can create specific dosages of your medications that are not commercially available. For example, if your doctor prescribes 10mg of a particular medication, but it only comes in doses as small as 30mg, then your compounding chemist can create the lower dose you need.
- •A more cost-effective option. While the cost of compounded medications depends on several factors, they are often still less expensive than other drugs. Higher-quality pharmaceuticals can mean lower doses, which can be less pricey. These pharmacies can also keep costs lower by excluding designer preservatives and dyes.
- •A more convenient way to take multiple prescriptions. Some prescriptions can be combined with others to form a single dose. Consolidating various drugs into one dosage is faster and more convenient – and also means less likelihood of forgetting to take one of your pills. This aspect can also make it easier to manage medications for a loved one.
Signs You Need a Compounding Chemist in the Sunshine Coast
Medical professionals are increasingly prescribing compounded medications to patients, giving them a great alternative to discontinued or hard-to-find drugs. Here are a few of the signs that you could benefit from using a compounded pharmacy.
- •You have a sensitivity or allergy to a specific ingredient. If you are allergic or sensitive to a dye, preservative, or other ingredients in commercially available prescriptions, a compounding pharmacy can help by formulating a prescription to suit your unique requirements.
- •You have a picky child who needs a prescription. Custom prescriptions can be very helpful for children who find commercially manufactured drugs scary or difficult to take. These pharmacies can provide a variety of flavours and alternate dosages to make the experience easier and more pleasant.
- •You struggle with pain management. Many people find pain medications hard to stomach, with side effects such as nausea, dizziness, and drowsiness. Compounding pharmacies can offer solutions, such as traditional pain medication ingredients in a topical cream instead of a pill, for example.
- •Your medication is discontinued. Some pharmaceutical companies will stop making drugs with limited demand. However, there are usually a few patients who respond well to these medications and suddenly cannot get them. A compounding pharmacy may be able to recreate the prescription for you.
About Complementary Compounding Services
Complementary Compounding Services offers sterile compounding with over 20 years’ experience using a state-of-the-art lab and stringent quality control measures. We compound treatments for a variety of conditions, including hair loss, hypothyroidism, Pyroluria, adrenal fatigue, erectile dysfunction, and many more. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you get the specific medications you need.