Find a Quality Compounding Pharmacy in Melbourne
If you need to use a compounding pharmacy in Melbourne, you may be wondering what the best way is to choose the right one. At Complementary Compounding Services, we understand your concerns, and we also know the importance of selecting the best compounding chemist available.
Key Questions to Ask Your Compounding Chemist in Melbourne
Selecting the right compounding chemist is just as important as choosing the right doctor when you need a specific type of medication individually prepared. Here are a few questions to ask to ensure that you are selecting a good compounding pharmacy.
- •Is the staff well-trained? Well-trained and capable chemists are an essential part of any healthcare team. That’s why it’s a good idea to make sure that the chemists possess the appropriate education, training, and experience.
- •Is the pharmacy confident in the quality they deliver? If your doctor recommends a compounded drug, it’s important to be able to have confidence in the drug that you’re prescribed. Your pharmacy should use the best ingredients available to produce the right compounded medication for you.
- •Do they perform batch testing? Performing batch testing is an important way to minimise the possibility of human error. It also gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your medication underwent a series of tests to verify its potency.
Asking these and other questions can help ensure that you are getting your medications from a reliable establishment.
The Importance of Your Compounding Chemist in Melbourne
Pharmaceutical compounding has been around for a long time, and it continues to become more popular and widely available. Here are a few of the benefits of pharmacy compounding.
- •It allows for alternative dosage forms. If you have specific requirements for how to take your medication, a compounding pharmacist can help. For example, if your child prefers a chewable tablet over a liquid or you would like a topical cream rather than an oral medication, your compounding chemist may be able to make the needed adjustments.
- •It offers services that larger pharmacy chains can’t. While a large chemist chain isn’t likely to get to know you on a personal level and learn everything they can about your medical needs, this is a primary function of a compounding chemist. They’ll gather as much information as possible about you so that they can provide the best possible medications.
- •It makes your medications easier to take and use. Many medicines feature a highly unpleasant taste or are difficult to take as prescribed. A compounding pharmacy can custom create your correct medication with a different flavour, especially useful for children (and even pets).
About Complementary Compounding Services
At Complementary Compounding Services, we focus solely on compounding and have for over 20 years. Our main goal is to deliver pharmaceutical-quality medications and dispel the myth that compounded products are inferior. To ensure that our products are top of the line, we use a world-class facility, strict quality control measures, and a highly trained team of skilled chemists. Contact us today to discuss your individual prescription needs.